Vista 'free' upgrade problems.

Sabreman 18:50 18 Feb 07

Purchased an Emachines PC last week from Comet with 'free' Vista Home Premium upgrade included.

Upon going through the signing-up process, all was going swimmingly until I was submitting my credit card details for the P & P. At this point the Moduslink website, through which the free upgrade request is made, 'crashed' and exhibited a warning to that effect.

Upon trying again at a quieter time of day, I entered the Serial No. of the PC and the COA No. but Moduslink then came up with a message "unable to validate your COA number". I assume that they think I have already got the authorisation code to proceed to the next stage and therefore I am stuck with no upgrade and about £14 out of my credit card.

I have emailed emachines UK but so far have had no response. Any ideas anyone ? Plus - do Comet have any liability as the Retailer ? I see from other forums that others have had the same problem and perhaps they have found a solution.

Sabreman

Why wont it work 19:11 18 Feb 07

hi, this happened to myself. I simply contacted moduslink, giving details of the problem and all the relevant details which i had given through the process until it crashed. They replied after a week or so confirming the order and asking for proof of purchase to be forwarded to them. Hope that helps.

Sabreman 09:26 19 Feb 07

Many thanks for information in your email - will be ringing Moduslink on 00800 66644666 today.
Wish me luck !!

Sabreman.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…