Vista 'free' upgrade problems.

Sabreman 18:50 18 Feb 07

Purchased an Emachines PC last week from Comet with 'free' Vista Home Premium upgrade included.

Upon going through the signing-up process, all was going swimmingly until I was submitting my credit card details for the P & P. At this point the Moduslink website, through which the free upgrade request is made, 'crashed' and exhibited a warning to that effect.

Upon trying again at a quieter time of day, I entered the Serial No. of the PC and the COA No. but Moduslink then came up with a message "unable to validate your COA number". I assume that they think I have already got the authorisation code to proceed to the next stage and therefore I am stuck with no upgrade and about £14 out of my credit card.

I have emailed emachines UK but so far have had no response. Any ideas anyone ? Plus - do Comet have any liability as the Retailer ? I see from other forums that others have had the same problem and perhaps they have found a solution.

Sabreman

Why wont it work 19:11 18 Feb 07

hi, this happened to myself. I simply contacted moduslink, giving details of the problem and all the relevant details which i had given through the process until it crashed. They replied after a week or so confirming the order and asking for proof of purchase to be forwarded to them. Hope that helps.

Sabreman 09:26 19 Feb 07

Many thanks for information in your email - will be ringing Moduslink on 00800 66644666 today.
Wish me luck !!

Sabreman.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017