Vista Expert Needed re. Screensaver Freezing

AngeTheHippy 15:00 06 Sep 09

Afternoon Chap,

For the past couple of weeks at most, whatever screensaver I choose in 'Personalize' when I go and touch the laptop with the screensaver active it just freezes. NOT all the time, but today, for the firt time in about 6 day it's froze about 4 times. I have no option but to turn off the Lappy as nothing responds. Anyone have similar problem? Know what to do? This is a Toshiba L3001AQ 3Gb RAM, 250HDD Intel Centrino, Vista Premium.

Thanks

AngeTheHippy#
xx

AngeTheHippy 18:02 06 Sep 09

had these problems then??

A
x

chub_tor 18:09 06 Sep 09

It sounds like a graphics driver problem. Have you checked with the Toshiba Support page for the latest driver for your PC? click here

AngeTheHippy 18:19 06 Sep 09

thanks for anwering. I've done a search on the link you gave and it's saying nothing since January 2009 - I bought this in Feb 09. It would be 'display driver' wouldn't it?

A
x

birdface 18:21 06 Sep 09

I think there was a bad update from Microsoft about 3 weeks ago that gave Vista users a few problems with freezing computers.But I cannot remember the update number.

ened 18:24 06 Sep 09

Have you tried a System Restore?

chub_tor 20:02 06 Sep 09

click here*&lang=eng is the latest driver version for your graphics card for Vista 32 bit OS. It is version 15.13.4.1829, check your driver version in Device Manager, Display Adapter, Properties.

MAT ALAN 20:20 06 Sep 09

Why have one in the first place, they are there, when you are not.
click here
you could disable your screensaver to see if it realy is the problem.

having said that i would doubt it is your screen saver i would be more inclined to look at what progs you are running at the time your lappy is freezing.

click here

you could use your event viewer, the link will show you how

AngeTheHippy 22:35 06 Sep 09

OK then - just been looking at Event Viewer - there is an error for virtually EVERY DAY since I bought this lappy, EVERY event the same - it says this::

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Also:: Level: Error.
Date/time: eg. Today.
Source:: WMI
Event ID:: 10
Task Category:: None.

I've absolutely NO CLUE what this stuff means. Can anyone help me please?

Ange
xx

Technotiger 22:41 06 Sep 09

See if you can make any sense out of this click here

Plenty more where that came from on Google.

AngeTheHippy 22:59 06 Sep 09

I've also Googled the same as I put in my post above yours. Sadly, I know na-all about the REAL INNER working of any OS and am very reluctant to start deleting stuff willy-nilly!!

Does anyone have an in-depth REASON why I should be getting this error message? Is there one?

Ange
xx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…