Vista Email on TalkTalk

Bagsey 17:10 29 Mar 08

I am trying to help my friend set up talktalk broadband on his new laptop. I have got internet working and his wireless router set up but when I try to set his email up I am asked for the pop3 address and a Stmp address . Can anyone tell me what these settings are for talktalk??
I cant find this information in the blurb they sent. Thanks

Totally-braindead 17:35 29 Mar 08

A friend of mine is waiting for his TalkTalk package and he has told me that they do not do email.

I have no idea as to whether this is right or not but he insists this is what they told him on the phone so he has registered with someone else for free email. Unfortunatly I cannot recall who he is using as his email provider but there are a few companies who do it for free.

I might be wrong with the above but thats what he told me.

STREETWORK 17:35 29 Mar 08

pop3 is mail.talktalk.net

stmp is stmp.talktalk.net

click here

Totally-braindead 17:38 29 Mar 08

I just looked on the Talk Talk site and it appears what he was told is rubbish, you can get email from TT click here

Bagsey 17:42 29 Mar 08

Thanks very much I will try that later this evening then let you know how I get on.

Stuartli 17:43 29 Mar 08

Of course TalkTalk does e-mail...:-)

The settings are:

mail.talktalk.net

smtp.talktalk.net

You can add extra e-mail addresses to the one chosen along with the password by using the Broadband Dashboard.

Support for e-mail related questions:

click here

There's also a Webmail facility.

Remember that to enter My Account or Webmail you have to use the e-mail address and password chosen by your friend to enter. The phonenumber@ talktalk.net and TT designated password are to log on to the ISP with your browser.

Stuartli 17:44 29 Mar 08

To activate the TalkTalk e-mail account, an e-mail from another user (perhaps your friend already has one) must be sent to the account first.

Totally-braindead 17:50 29 Mar 08

It was my error Stuartli I told him they did email and he insisted they didn't and he was told this by someone in Carphonewarehouse.

Clearly he was either misled or misunderstood what was said to him or I picked him up wrong. Its probably me that picked him up wrong.

Bagsey 20:20 29 Mar 08

I am not sure if I am reading your last posting correctly or not.Will an email from anyone do to activate his account or must it come from some one on talktalk.

Stuartli 20:39 29 Mar 08

Any e-mail address.

Bagsey 15:18 30 Mar 08

Thanks to everyone for your help. My friend is now up a running with his TalkTalk Broadband setup. No doubt he will soon be appearing on this forum asking for help. Its his first computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017