Vista email

surfer47 15:56 25 May 10

I am using a web based email service with Windows Vista. When, for example, I want to send a photograph I right click and select Mail Recipient which opens Windows Mail but when I try to send the message I get a message about missing SMTP and Pop. What are these?
Can I get Mail Recipient to go to my Web based email?

rawprawn 16:03 25 May 10

Does this help click here

Woolwell 16:23 25 May 10

I fairly sure you cannot get Mail Recipient to open webmail. What it does is open a program on your system and in your case the default e-mail program is Windows Mail which you don't use and haven't set up an account with smtp and pop settings.

mfletch 16:31 25 May 10

To set up Windows mail we will need to know who your internet provider is.

mfletch 16:38 25 May 10

What web based email are you using.

surfer47 19:01 25 May 10

Hi! My internet Provider is btinternet.com

mooly 19:22 25 May 10

I use Vista and BT.
I think you'll have to use the "attach" option in the yahoo email screen and browse and find the picture/files etc to attach them to your email... that's what I do anyway.

mfletch 19:27 25 May 10

The POP3 server (incoming mail) is mail.btinternet.com
The SMTP server (outgoing mail) is also mail.btinternet.com

mfletch 19:29 25 May 10

Forgot to add

Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish

click here

surfer47 11:38 26 May 10

mfletch. I tried creating a new account in Windows mail but when I tried to send something to follow I got the following "The host 'pop3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D.
What does this mean and how might I correct it?

Woolwell 14:33 26 May 10

It probably means that you haven't entered the settings correctly. You should double check in particular note mfltech's 19:27 post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…