Vista display defaulting to external monitor

keez_rules 11:28 30 Sep 07

I have recently been using my external monitor on my laptop (HP Pavillion dv9000). I now cannot seem to get my laptop display working at all, seems happy only to use the external monitor. I have been playing about with the display settings control panel, and i have tried a few things to no avail. Is there something i can do to allow Vista to default to my laptop monitor rather than external? Advice would be appreciated!!

ambra4 11:59 30 Sep 07

You need to use FN (Function) key and F5 or F8 to change display type

Hold down FN and press F5/F8 Display will change EXT display only, Laptop only, or both

F5/F8 is the most common keys used look for a key with 2 display on it

ambra4 11:59 30 Sep 07

You need to use FN (Function) key and F5 or F8 to change display type

Hold down FN and press F5/F8 Display will change EXT display only, Laptop only, or both

F5/F8 is the most common keys used look for a key with 2 display on it

ambra4 12:00 30 Sep 07

Sorry about that PCA giving trouble today

keez_rules 15:54 30 Sep 07

In the case of my laptop it is FN F4 which does not work. It doesnt flicker which it normally does. I notice in the display control panel there are 2 monitors labelled 1 & 2. Display 1 seems to be the default which is generic p&p monitor. Display 2 seems to be disabled, when i try to enable it it defaults back to display 1. IS there any way I can change all display settings to default?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…