Vista crashed and now crashes on startup

citizencane 03:12 20 Nov 08

As the title describes, My HP laptop crashed while running excell. I immediately restarted the computer and it decided to crash on every start up.

It makes it to the loading screen "before" you would enter your password to unlcok the computer, but only to the loading screen. A few seconds afterwards it goes black with a moveable cursor with a blinking loading icon on it.

I've left it on for hours and nothing.
I restart in safe-mode, same thing, except no loading screen appears, it goes directly to a black screen where in a few moments follows the blinking cursor.

I need my files for school projects, a factory reboot is out of the question. What can I do to get her up and running again?

The only way that i have been able to restart the computer, to a point where she will crash again is by removnig the battery, I figure this might be information that may have some purpose.

Thank you in advancement

citizencane 03:15 20 Nov 08

I'll add that my laptop is a tablet with the most annoying log-in functions.

My best guess is that these alternative password entry options are the reason for this. For the past few months, every now and then I will need to restart the computer as the "password entry" screen does not go away, even when entering it in successfully.

...Probably irrelivent information, but I want to try to make a diagnosis as easily as possible.

Again, all help is greately appreciated.

jack 08:00 20 Nov 08

and keep it pressed- this will bring it up to safe mode
From here you can investigate likely cause.
Possibilities are:_
Dodgy hardware driver - Go to System /Hardware /Device manager look for any device with a Yellow ! or ? and delete or reload it.
A Nastie of some kind has got past your Protection - run a scan.

jack 08:01 20 Nov 08

Exel

citizencane 13:26 20 Nov 08

I am not too sure about what POST mode is, but I can't start it up in safe mode.

Holding f8 brings up the recovery menue. I am brought this menue on every start-up attempt that I make, regardless of holding f8.

When I select safe mode, a screen passes which shows a bunch of programs that are loaded, and then it goes black for a few seconds with a moveable cursor, and then the cursor has a loading circle on it that repetitively blinks, the same as if I were to start windows regularly.

I don't know how to get to the menue where I can find programs that are problematic. Am I doing something wrong?

Again, I appreciate all of the help, Thank you.

ventanas 14:12 20 Nov 08

click here

This may work.

If it does for heavens sake copy your vital files somewhere else before something else happens.

Did you make a password recovery disc. It seems as though there may be a problem there?

hiwatt 14:43 20 Nov 08

Press f8 continuously while the computer is booting up and instead of safe mode choose last known good configuration and see if that works.Although if you can't get into safe mode I'm not sure if it will?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…