Vista crash dump

Shirazz 20:06 10 Jul 08

Once or twice before with restarts and now all the time since vista SP1, I can't shut down or restart without the memory crash dump coming up. Once that's appeared, I can only shut down properly by restarting in safe mode and shutting down from there. This adds about 6 minutes to the shut-down process every time - grrr! Any ideas what to do?

mrwoowoo 20:35 10 Jul 08

I would use system restore to go back to before you did the update.
After that you could turn off automatic updates and just manually update each file one at a time until you find the culprit.
Then make a note and leave it unticked the next and every time you use windows update.

Shirazz 20:58 10 Jul 08

Thanks for that idea, unfortunately the restore points don't go back far enough so it looks like I'm stuck for now. Presumably if enough of us are so afflicted, microsoft will deliver a fix at some stage.

mrwoowoo 22:10 10 Jul 08

Perhaps you should uninstall sp1 for now and then update each file manually as i suggested.
click here

Shirazz 22:13 10 Jul 08

Smart plan! I'll give that a go - thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…