Vista Control Panel problem

Dave22Fair 21:50 21 Sep 08

Hi,
I've had a HP Pavilon 6000 series laptop for 4 weeks, not much software added, just Office 2003 and HP PSC 1205 applications, but have now lost access to Control Panel (wont open or opens blank). Post last year suggested Winaso (click here) but this page is dead. Also someone suggested CMD from Search at the round button. My Search doesn't respond to this at all - it just looks for CMD on the pc somewhere and doesn't find anything that works.

I have also tried the system recovery to earlier points in the system's use (almost gone back to day 1, but it fails to recover this far back) this was unsuccessful..
Incidentally, I didn't get an installation disc from HP renew, but have made 2 dvds.
Thanks for any help
Dave H

Sea Urchin 22:38 21 Sep 08

This looks like your problem - scroll down to Master Green's solution and try that

click here

Another possibility if that doesn't work

click here

DippyGirl 15:23 22 Sep 08

Rather than CMD from search - try 'control' from run <no quotes>

Dave22Fair 21:47 26 Sep 08

Thanks to all for your advice. I tried most without success, but before I had exhausted the list I installed Vista Service Pack 1 and after that, control panel worked fine!

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…