Vista Connects to Router but not Internet - Help!!

Dougie168 10:47 03 Sep 08

Hi,

I'm on the Vista Home Edition and it connects to my Belkin router just fine (wirelessly), but for some reason it won't connect to the Internet.

The picture display on the Vista shows the laptop connecting to the router with a green line, but the line connecting the router to the Internet has a red cross on it.

I've disabled MAC addressing on the router and enabled SSID broadcasting, but still on the client list it doesn't show the Vista laptop.

I'm kinda lost on what to do now, can anyone help please? Thank you.

brundle 19:16 03 Sep 08

Does the computer connect to the internet when you connect the two with a cable? If so disable your wireless security and try the wireless connection again. Re-enable security with a new passphrase if you can connect successfully. It doesn't sound as if you are actually connected to the router to me.
MAC filtering is virtually worthless and not required if you set up WPA or WPA2 encryption.

dawood 15:34 04 Sep 08

I think the problem is on WAN (Internet) configuration on wireless router, go to router management page and recheck this setting again. If possible, check for the status page on router management page, see what's the status on WAN connection. Also here is wireless router configuration article click here , see whether can help you..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…