Vista comes good!

Splodge 09:52 22 Nov 06

Having been involved in beta testing Vista since the beginning, I have been scathing of its ease of use! Although, I have always been delighted with Office Professional 2007 beta!
But, last night with 5 hours to spare, which you will need, I tried build 5600 (or the Ultimate as shown by the final page).
Inthe past I have tried clean installs, a nightmare to get on-line and install upgrades. After 5 hours I have been thrown off with a curt "installation failure" when trying upgrades.
But last night, success.
It has been made very user friendly, I only had to remove Nero (early version) but I expect if I install the latest version (which I have but did not install because I found what I was using sufficient) it will work.
Even a program reported as having problems (Incredimail) worked perfectly.
The TVU Player also performed well despite also being a beta!
You get the opportunity immediately to remove the log-on routine (which always infuriated me).
All in all, a very successful experience. I would not replace my current XP, which is now very finely tuned to my needs but, would no longer fear buying a new system with Vista on it!

Hope this is useful to everyone since I believe the launch date is nigh! lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…