Vista on clean install

Splodge 17:30 15 Jun 06

Hi all,

I got my new 200Gb drive today (cost under £70) and connected (but not installed) to my computer.

So, I successfully installed Vista and Office Professional Pro and got myself on-line as you see.

But, multi-multi problems which will take some time. Please do not respond to this yet, but I will keep you fully informed little by little so you can see what the problems are.

For excample I cannot install Zone alarm, will have to go to their site to get new drivers!

More later..

jimv7 17:42 15 Jun 06

Free avast anti=virus works with vista click here

De Marcus™ 19:14 15 Jun 06

The Windows Vista Firewall is bidirectional, no need for third party software.

"Firewall
Feature Description
The personal firewall built into Windows Vista builds on the functionality that is included with Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2. It also includes application-aware outbound filtering, which gives you full, directional control over traffic. For example, Windows Firewall in Windows Vista will allow administrators to block applications (such as peer-to-peer sharing or instant messaging applications) from contacting or responding to other computers. In addition, the Windows Vista firewall settings are configurable by Group Policy objects to simplify manageability.
"

Splodge 20:54 15 Jun 06

Thanks chaps: I already have Avast!

Creative Web-Cam Centre does not load!

Hauppauge WinTV will not load correctly yet I can access it via InterVideo Creator without scanning for the TV programs:

InterVideo Creator but.. I cannot re-activate it because of an "Internal Problem".

I have literally dozens of programs to test yet!

My programs are more valuable in total than my up-to-date Sony Media Center!

I will persevere in my own time but I have to say, even knowing that it is a huge program Vista is slow to load and I have 1gb of DDR RAM.

Watch this space!

De Marcus™ 20:57 15 Jun 06

If your finding Vista slow in general operation, and have a spare 'large' flash drive, utilise the 'readyboost' technology.

Splodge 20:59 15 Jun 06

I do not about that! Will look for it!

De Marcus™ 21:01 15 Jun 06

plug a flash drive in and right click, properties, readyboost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…