Vista cannot see Desktop pc

BoilerOil 17:03 02 Mar 08

Hi.

I have set up a home network, Desktop PC running XP sp2, Laptop running Vista,
The Laptop can see the desktop SharedDocs folders and print to the printer, the desktop
cannot see anything to do with the Laptop, there are no icons or links anywhere.
I can drag and drop files and programs into the SharedDocs on XP, and then see them in Vista.

Both of the Computers connect to the internet with no problem, the desktop via wired LAN and the Laptop by wireless.

Thank you for any help

brundle 18:06 02 Mar 08
  BoilerOil 09:45 03 Mar 08

Folders all there now on the Desktop PC, I can drop files in any folder in shared docs on the desktop pc, but I cannot drop any files into any folders of the Laptop on the PC I get this error message:

Error Copying File or Folder

Cannot copy "File Name" Access is denied
Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in obtain use.

On the Laptop I click on start - Network - Laptop icon I cannot drop any files into any folders: ie Public - Users, or any of them, all I receive is the error message:

You need permission to perform this action.

I am the Administrator on this Laptop ie: the only user, how do I obtain the permission.

brundle 16:31 03 Mar 08

Look in Network & Sharing Center, what is highlighted green under Sharing and Discovery?

BoilerOil 10:26 04 Mar 08

Highlighted green under Sharing and Discovery

Network discovery On

File sharing On

Public folder sharing On (read only)

Changed Public folder sharing to On
-------------------------------------

Printer sharing On

Password protected sharing Off

Media sharing Off

All folders now working on both Computers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…