Vista C and D drive partition?

Squabbler 00:41 06 Apr 08

hiya, i was just wondering if anyone knows how i can change the c and d drive from being separate to being just the C drive again cus it winds me up something rotten ive got like 30gb on my c and 70 on my d and its just rediculous i want more on the c drive as its like the main one, does anyone know a way i can do this without having to like completely redo my laptop aka put the disk in wipe everything off and install it again or something?? just looking for a simple way really???

also whilst im asking does anyone know how to turn off the things that ask u for permission every five seconds that you want to do something?

i miss xp, vista is one of the most anoying things ever, lol personal opinion. can anyone help?

thanks

AlanHo 04:39 06 Apr 08

You would be well advised to retain both partitions and to move your Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Video folders to the D: drive so that the C: drive contains only Vista and your programmes.

With good back up software - like Acronis True Image - you can then take regular backups of each partition to an external hard drive.

If in the future your computer gets corrupted - it is easy to restore just the C: drive without losing any of your data.

If you do not currently have a back up strategy - sooner or later you are going to lose everything when your hard drive fails - as they all do eventually.

Used properly, Vista is an excellent operating system if you have a computer with the necessary hardware power to run it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…