Vista broadband connection speed - Old Skool XP

TipX 20:58 18 Jan 08

Under XP there were two blinking monitors at the bottom left of the screen telling you instantly your connection speed. How do I get the same under Vista? I am on BT Internet.

JoE. 21:12 18 Jan 08

It's a similar 2 monitors, except no blinking but a globe comes up over them to tell you you're connected.

JoE. 21:14 18 Jan 08

Oops sorry, misread your question. Hopefully someone else will be able to give you an answer.

Clapton is God 21:17 18 Jan 08

"Under XP there were two blinking monitors at the bottom left of the screen telling you instantly your connection speed"

The "two blinking monitors" do NOT tell you your connection speed. They only tell you the maximum speed available on your line.

tullie 21:18 18 Jan 08

If im not connected i get a red cross on mine,a clear indication that im not connected

tullie 21:19 18 Jan 08

Oops,misread too,lol

woodchip 22:02 18 Jan 08

And the monitors are on the right not left. But speed in each case is not related to operating System. If you want a speed test go click here

TipX 22:06 18 Jan 08

I'm away to hide my head in shame. Bad day. Good night....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…