Vista Beta

jacksony 07:19 16 Jul 06

Hi

Is there any way I can try out the Vista Beta?

Taff™ 07:29 16 Jul 06

Registrations were closed on 30th June by Microsoft and the last download was 14th July click here Don`t know if there`s a way to do it now.

jacksony 07:41 16 Jul 06

Well if it just involved downloading a file, surely it would be possible to share that file wouldn't it??

Taff™ 21:35 16 Jul 06

I don`t know. If you had to register it first before you could download it it would be difficult to load it onto two computers.

I`m on a Beta test with MS at the moment. I had to pre-register and they sent me a disc with the program. I then had to log on to their beta test site with my details to activate it. This is not however a public beta test.

mgmcc 09:21 17 Jul 06

<<< Well if it just involved downloading a file, surely it would be possible to share that file wouldn't it?? >>>

The "file" is a massive 3.3GB ISO that needs to be burned to DVD. If I remember correctly, the supplied Product Key can be activated on up to 10 PCs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…