Vista beta

Splodge 12:08 09 Jun 06

Morning all:

I have just finished downloading and transferring to CD disk the Vista beta.

Has anyone already done so and run it? Would be obliged for any comments and suggestions from other users; I will reciprocate (try spelling that this time of day) with any comments I have.

Thanks all!

mattyc_92 12:12 09 Jun 06

I am still downloading it....

But my friend has finished downloading, and is now installing.

When he is back on MSN, I will ask him how he got on with Vista and post back

Splodge 12:17 09 Jun 06

thanks matty: tell him to make sure he has the "key" handy!

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:21 09 Jun 06

I would scrupulously check my system restore point prior to loading ;-))) Saves all the 'OMG! my computer is knackered coz I loaded a Beta' posts.

G

VoG II 12:26 09 Jun 06

System Restore won't be a lot of use! From click here

"In addition, once you install Windows Vista Beta 2 (or RC1) you cannot roll back to the previous operating system installation—you will either have to acquire and install the final released edition of Windows Vista or reinstall a previous edition of Windows."

De Marcus™ 12:29 09 Jun 06

Installing to a partition should be the easiest 'recovery' option. Or the likes of Acronis or similar.....

mattyc_92 12:29 09 Jun 06

I am personally going to use Acronis to backup my system onto my other drive, remove the cable to the other drive and partition my c: drive and install Vista that way...

Splodge 12:33 09 Jun 06

Whoops: there are a number of items on my computer which will need new drivers and updates; including my TV card! (Not with my intention of recording every World Cup Match: I don't think so.

Also I used their VistaUpgradeAdvisor which okayed my system, apart from one item!

Under the circumstances, I am going to wait till I am snowed in and bored out of my skull to install again!

However, please keep me informed! If you are not "football-mad". lol

Splodge 12:36 09 Jun 06

Incidentally, I have two 120Gb hard drives so I could always have reversed the process and a 250Gb external drive and I might... buy another drive and install Vista on that as a clean install1 (Just before the snow!)

jimv7 16:52 09 Jun 06

asrock mobo, 2.4 athlon, 512 ddr, 60gb hdd, installed vista without a glitch, only 1 flag for the audio, ondoard sound, vista did a search for the audio drivers and downloaded and installed ok.

Appears to run very slow on this puter, had glitches with installing anti-virus, which failed(30 day trial of nod32) and also explorer kept locking up.

Other than that, its running ok.

Splodge 17:01 09 Jun 06

thanks Jim: noted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…