Vista Adobe Crash

fpg 23:08 04 Dec 07

Vista Home Premium crashes Blue S O Death after install of Photoshop Elements 6.
PC has Intel Quad Core and Geforce 8800 graphics.

Is the problem with Adobe/Vista or Adobe/Quad Core?

Any hints or ideas?

fpg 15:31 06 Dec 07

Because it is a new PC which is in serious trouble (unseable except in Safe Mode) I am not sure which element is conflicting with Vista Home Premium.
Is anyone here using Abobe Elements OK with Vista?

Pine Man 15:54 06 Dec 07

Photoshop Elements 6 is compatible with Vista. As long as your processor is powerful enough it will not be effected by Elements.

Suggest you uninstall it and try again.

hssutton 15:54 06 Dec 07

I use Adobe products Photoshop & Lightroom neither of these give me problems on my Vista Ultimate PC, but have a look at at this Adobe PDF click here

ventanas 16:01 06 Dec 07

My guess is that your problems have nothing to do with Adobe.

I run Elements 5 as well Photoshop 6, 7 and CS2 on Vista without a single issue with any of them.

Ifg you can only run in Safe Mode, which is an impossible situation, I would try the obvious first, remove Elements and run System Restore from a point prior to installing. These tasks should be possible in Safe Mode.

If the problem goes away, then it does become very curious.

ened 16:10 06 Dec 07

I also have a new machine with duo-core intel processor and a less powerful graphics card to yours.

I installed Elements 6 and had no trouble, however I did install some software which came with the mobo (desktop utilities)and got the bsod on reboot.

As I said at the time I never once had this in all the years running XP. I don't think Vista is as stable yet!

As suggested above try uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe.

fpg 00:01 07 Dec 07

Thanks for feedback all. Glad that Adobe isnt the culprit 'cos this new PC is for photo and video editing.

I have tried some of the above and did get a good restore which was killed when I installed P S Elements 6. I think my next step is to reinstall VISTA. (I agree Vista makes XP appear to be the more stable O/S )

fpg 15:10 14 Dec 07

Vista "Repair" did not work so I did a complete Visa (re)install. This solved the apparent conflicts - all the Adobe programs have been used extensively and have worked well.
The only downside with this solution is the re-installing of all the programs needed to work through Vista the O/S. But this took less time than guessing (wrongly)where the problem was and searchjng the Web for solutions to a false diagnosis. So what was the cause? I don't know, but there were some programs on the HDD which came with the new PC which I have not re-installed - they were 30 day trials etc -- beware of false gifts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced