Vista + acer Encryption/decryption

Jameron 03:27 11 May 09

Hey, id appreciate any help with this prob im having.

Basicaly long story short :- I had a Acer Laptop with vista and had a few problem with it, so expecting to have to send it to be repaired i encrypted some sensitive files. Now shortly after doing so the laptop completely died on me, and after weighing up cost i ended up just getting a new desktop PC but im currently using the harddrive from the laptop as an external HDD so i have access to the files.

My problem is I cant reinstall the Acer edatasecurity on a non acer PC (as far as im aware) i do have acces to an acer laptop but its XP and the encryption is different (and its not mine so i cant go upgrading to vista)

I have password and stuff, and if it helps the extention is ".egiscen", though prob wont, i imagine its only used for that encryption..

Well anyway, sorry for the spam of text, most of which is probably useless. Any help would great.

crosstrainer 08:57 11 May 09

click here

go onto the Acer euro site, download the XP version of edatasecurity, then download the Vista update bundle ( the software update, not driver ) then just unzip the emanagement framework, install, reboot and voila! it works

Seems to do the trick if you follow the instructions.

Jameron 13:38 11 May 09

I tried something similar to this, but various times ive tried using the vista software is tend to give the message "Operating system does not support this software"

The laptop is a Aspire 5024, the utilites listed for it dont give the edatasecurity/framework in the vista drop down bars.

I also tried another framework download but it just shuts down the installer before even starting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…