Vista 64bit Boot Manager

mbc 14:58 06 Jun 09

I am running Vista 64bit from one drive and XP 32bit from another.I have tried setting up a dual boot system (using the correct procedure), but the results are flakey, sometimes ending in a crash requiring a full reinstall of Vista.
The results are so poor, I have resorted to physically disconnecting one drive in order to boot from the other. Is this due to having 64 and 32 bit systems? I have searched for freeware boot managers, but they all seem to run only on 32 bit. Does anyone know the answer, or can recommend a suitable boot manager?
Thanks.

sidecar sid 15:37 06 Jun 09

VistaBootPRO 3.3 Should do what you want.
Information from the authors website.
click here
Download it free
click here

mbc 11:24 07 Jun 09

Thanks Sid, but old problem re-occurred.
Installed VistaBootPRO OK, entered XP as second OS, all seemed well. Booted and got Boot screen, selected Vista, which loaded OK. Re-booted, tried XP, PC re-booted to Boot screen again. Just a vicious circle, could not get further.
Uninstalled VBoot, and even used system restore as belt and braces. Now on booting, PC asks for system disc. When disc is inserted, PC then loads the Boot screen from VBoot. Vista then loads OK, but this is a pain. Cannot repair from Vista, looks like I will need to re-load from scratch.
Definitely seems like a compatability problem. If anyone can confirm this I will just resort to physically disconnecting the Vista dive when I want to use XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac