Vista 64bit

Spr 17:13 19 Nov 09

Is it possible to install Vista 64bit over a PC that has been running vista 32bit, if not what will be required to make it work.

GaT7 17:28 19 Nov 09

Yes, you can. It will be almost like doing a fresh install - Windows will install in a new folder & your previous 32-bit Windows folder will get renamed to Windows.old in the process (the latter can be deleted in most cases to recover the space).

Going from another user's related experience click here, you should have everything else pretty much untouched, although do a thorough prior backup of your emails, data, music, etc just to be on the safe side. You may also need to reinstall some/all your programs & afresh.

Please note that some of your older hardware (especially peripherals like printers, scanners & similar) may not work, & you'll need to download 64-bit drivers (if available) to get them to run as normal. Any particular reason for wanting to move to 64-bit? G

Spr 17:55 19 Nov 09

The reason I asked I've had problems with my PC I contacted the manufactures HP they sent me3 64bit
CD's.

GaT7 17:58 19 Nov 09

That's a strange one - problems with 32-bit & 64-bit may solve them. The reverse is usually true!

Anyway, let us know how it goes. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…