both of us just built a new pc with the following

Antec 900 case
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 CPU
BFG Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512 MN
4 gig of DDR 3 ram
Windows Vista 64bit
Antec 850W psu
Asus P53E-Deluxe Motherbaord

His flight sim 10 deluxe the new microdoft flight sim.. Loads up etc fine yet as all the patches for it installed yet it crashes the pc after about 20 to 45 mins. Full reset is needed.

It came with a mothbaord monating program it reports the ram is running at 666mhz or something yet its rated spec is 1600mhz..
Not to sure re CPU but seem ok

I also play Commany of Heroes works fine for ages 2 hours + but crashes if I put it on DX10 that has all the patches installed to..

Does any one know the ideal BIOS settings for the above pc spec or a site for infomation anything
We just £1200 building pc and its a shame that things are not working right for him.

Thank you for any advice

flateric1 16:03 17 Aug 08

For got to add re BIOS everything is default / set on auto we not touched anything as we need advice.

THANKS

ened 16:26 17 Aug 08

I assume you mean monitoring programme.

Have you looked at the temperature?

flateric1 17:12 17 Aug 08

Yes i mean monitoring software lol i typed it wrong..

In the case there are 7 fans

3 by CPU heatsink + 2 asus small ones.

2 by hard drive bays
1 at the back
1 on the top

Temps all normal not high

I am Spartacus 17:28 17 Aug 08

Unless you have watercooling you should remove the 2 small Asus fans by the heatsink. They interfere with airflow otherwise.

I am Spartacus 17:32 17 Aug 08

Also Asus are too cautious with the DRAM settings. If you leave everything on Auto it tends to select the slowest supported speed, in this case 667Mhz.

You need to change the settings in the BIOS and will need to switch to 'Manual' to do this. It should be documented in the manual.

flateric1 18:00 17 Aug 08

What is the best setting to put in Bios to get the best running correct running for everything.

Re fans

Why have the option to install them if not a good idea?

I am Spartacus 18:16 17 Aug 08

They include the fans for it if you watercool.

The manual should give a good guide to the various settings but you'd be looking at, in general:

Multiplier of 9.5
FSB of 333
If there's an FSB strap option then try each of the 200, 266, 333 and 400 options with the various DRAM speeds, you may not get an exact match.

Download Core Temp click here and see what the VID (vcore voltage) is for your CPU and set that in the BIOS. I found that mine overvolted my E8400 when set on Auto from 1.1175 to 1.45 which was way too high.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…