vista

freeland 22:03 21 Jun 07

i have purchased vista home premium upgrade, i have xp plus sp2, can i use the vista disc to install it or do i reformat and then install.
thanks'
freeland.

SANTOS7 22:30 21 Jun 07

click here
the link will help, good luck..

iscanut2 22:31 21 Jun 07

If your computer is up to running Vista, then just go ahead and install the upgrade. There is no need to worry about reformatting the hard disc.

Kate B 22:33 21 Jun 07

Actually, you'd be better off doing a clean install. Lots of us ran into troubles with upgrades.

freeland 22:39 21 Jun 07

my ram is 512 is that ok to run vista

SANTOS7 22:47 21 Jun 07

not really
click here

run the memory upgrade advisor from the link and buy as much as you can afford your PC will run so much better...

Kate B 00:32 22 Jun 07

Run the upgrade advisor - you might have other issues too.

davidprc 12:54 22 Jun 07

Why did you upgrade? Was XP causing problems?

Just curious.

freeland 15:46 22 Jun 07

hi to you all,
Thanks for all your help,i have not installed vista yet,i think i will wait awhile till microsoft have cleared some of the bugs that i believe some people have found to their regret,i am quite happy with xp at the moment,
thanks,
freeland.

Kate B 19:29 22 Jun 07

"cleared some of the bugs" - Vista is fine, very stable, and no more buggy than XP. I wish people would stop spouting this line: it's nonsense. The issues you might have are with drivers, which is not Microsoft's fault; and for some reason doing an upgrade install isn't guaranteed to succeed.

Pine Man 19:53 22 Jun 07

Must support Kate B on this. I have been running Vista since January. It was a clean install and I have had no problems at all with it. You often find in this forum that just a few people are making a lot of noise about Vista while the silent majority are quite happy.

Certainly your RAM is a bit on the small side for Vista but when I used XP I had at least IGB RAM to get the best out of it.

If you've got it use it :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…