vist clock not keeping time

Andrew-C 08:11 18 Dec 08

I've got a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop running Vista Home Premium. I got the computer about 8 months ago.

In the last few months the clock has stopped keeping time reliably. Sometimes it'll be fine for a couple of weeks, then other times it pauses the time when i shutdown and restarts the clock again when i next boot up.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

thanks

andrew

golfpro 08:25 18 Dec 08

I don't know I've never heard of this before, the only thing I can think of is that your your clock settings are not OK. Click on the clock and check all the internet settings, updates and time zones and make sure these are all correct. Failing that it could be the internal battery (not the main battery) that is faulty.
But before that, have a look at this.
click here

birdface 09:10 18 Dec 08

Normally the Cmoss battery but if your computer is only 8 months old its probably unlikely.

birdface 09:16 18 Dec 08

Like golfpro indicates.There was an update from Microsoft a week or so ago about a time and date problem.Make sure that you have all the recent updates.date and time.Also make sure that you have the proper year.

Andrew-C 20:59 18 Dec 08

the clock's set to update as often as vista will let me. Otherwise all the settings are right.

Is there any way I can check the internal battery?

cheers
andrew

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac