Visitor has left a MSN account Open - Want rid of

garrema 21:00 08 Aug 06

Greetings all;
An Issue of Computer Etiquette here.

A computer expert from the city of London came to visit the other day and logged into her MSN and Hotmail account on my PC and has graced my system with a link straight to her hotmail account and one click to MSN messenger.

I could wreak havok but wont.

To remove this I have used CC cleaner, checked for badware etc, signed out MSN etc
The worst thing is that in so trying to remove this link I have deleted all our cookies which are quite useful.
I have looked in options with msn and can't find a box to unclick.
Even more anoying on the XP login screen there is a message in my wifes account icon telling how many Hotmail messages this user has (43 infact)

To me this is like having a big dump in someone elses bog and blocking it.

Any advice to remove the link pls.

silverous 21:21 08 Aug 06

How about going to control panel, user accounts, change an account, pick the account, then change my .net passport?

That might do - but doesn't look like you can remove from there...how about this:

click here

p;3 21:48 08 Aug 06

bookmarking;as I read that it sound as though the "expert"has/had left themselves logged into the system?which is I thought a no no on any shared machine

and has this expert done anything else on the machine that you have yet to sus out?

jolorna 21:49 08 Aug 06

open msn then log out not close and remove all the ticks from the login, then your wife next time will have to use her own login and password

VoG II 21:51 08 Aug 06

Try Start, Run, type

control userpasswords2

and click OK. Have a nose around.

I do not think that the 'dump' analogy was particularly helpful.

garrema 22:24 08 Aug 06

Thanks silverous - will keep that link v. useful
P;3 had a good look around and clean up - I put a lot of faith in spyware
doctor.
jolorna - done & OK Ta
VoG; Sorry to stretch good taste. I was referring to my Peat bog and my Dump(er)truck
5 accounts. 3 I knew of, 2 Admin & 1 Guest. Two I didn't know of ASPNET & Administrator.
Ta for the help

p;3 22:32 08 Aug 06

Sorry; but I just have visions of an unwanted visitor getting on there if someone has been chatting unsupervised on a live MSN messenger; one HOPES the machine at the other end IS clean but does one know for sure!!

p;3 05:58 09 Aug 06

it has been ticked but not sure of how it has been sorted ...?

johnnyrocker 10:09 09 Aug 06

bad manners.

johnny.

garrema 12:53 09 Aug 06

P;3 - Many thanks for your help as aknowledged above when I closed my thread.
Johnyrocker - with due respect to you as a forum reg I have resolved my issue with thanks to those who assisted. We remain separated by the ether so I wish you well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac