Visioneer 9020 - Definition problems

Monco 17:22 08 Jan 04

Does anyone out there have a Visioneer 9020 scanner? If so, I could use some tips for getting good definition on 35mm scans, on negs and transparencies. I have plenty of pixels but the scanned images are just not sharp enough. I have tried everything, I think.
Thanks folks.

sdf 19:10 08 Jan 04

I have a 9020 and think its great. through trial and error have found that 1600dpi is enough to offer exact quality replica reprints (printer dependent of course!) and also good enough to be zoomed in/resized without pixelating. hope this helps - any other questions just ask

Monco 16:52 09 Jan 04

Thanks to Sdf for replying - sounds reassuring.
Can I ask about the 'fidelity' box under the resolution slider - should this be set to 100%?
I do this, and whilst it seems to improve the sharpness, it's still not all that good. Any other settings you use? My printer is good, so no problem there.
Many thanks, Monco

sdf 18:58 09 Jan 04

for initial scans, I have found that just a straight 1600dpi scan, no whistles and bells delivers the results. once Ive got my picture in big clear quality I sometimes do a bit of toying with them, brightness/contrast, sometimes a bit of re-colouring on 50 year old 35mm slides - other then that Ive found the scanner produces the photo that was originally intended! i'm not saying im irrifutably right, but speaking from experience

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…