Virus/Worm?

Mr Otten 12:47 06 Apr 05

i've just tried to boot my Windows XP Pro SP2 pc, to no avail, it boots up well. but when i log in, it simply restarts itself. and this happens all the time, i have tried safe mode and it works, but i don't want to work in safe mode! i have done system restore but still no luck, anything you want to know just ask, or anything that i have missed out that would help you, please don't hesitate to ask!
Could someone help me?

thank you, Jason

p.s i have McAfee Internet Security Suite 6.0 installed and up to date.

stalion 13:04 06 Apr 05

go here and scroll down to system keeps restarting also do a scan with a2 in safe mode
click here
click here

Mr Otten 15:44 06 Apr 05

thanks, but although i will try your recmendations, your first link isn't quite accurate to my symptoms, as i said i will try them, thank you for your effort

Mr Otten 15:50 06 Apr 05

cna anyone point out that my symptoms relate to a possible cause?

Yoda Knight 16:34 06 Apr 05

run msconfig, disable everything and boot normally. if that works, run msconfig again, and re-enable the items one by one until you find the cause of your problem

Mr Otten 16:50 06 Apr 05

also my system will reboot if i try to uninstall Norton AV 2003 pro, has this got anything to do with it?

i've always had problems with norton

VoG II 16:53 06 Apr 05

Remove Norton click here

Mr Otten 16:54 06 Apr 05

have done what you told me but still to no avail, would a virus scanner pick up anything? or a registry editor?

Mr Otten 17:07 06 Apr 05

i think a clean slate is now my only hope

stalion 21:02 06 Apr 05

if you can not solve the problem post a hijack this log.Download hijack this to it's own folder run it and post the result on here.use in safe mode if necessary.break the result up in to sections as their is an 800 word limit on one post
click here

Mr Otten 14:29 07 Apr 05

it was all a mistake, windows was undergoing a serious error. and has now recovered from it, so it says (that's windows for you!)

thank you all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…