Virus/spyware help

scruffyduck 12:17 01 Jun 10

Please, please help me, I'm going out of my mind.

I know I have some spyware/adware/virus on my computer. Every time I do a search in Google, and click on the resulting links, it takes me to some random search page by bounce, or whatever. Sometimes when I'm browsing one of my regular websites, the page will skip and try and load up another page, usually a cnet survey page. I can't even look at the Guardian website without it jumping.

I have AVG, Spybot, Adaware, and use them but they find nothing, just threats which is deletes.

On occasion AVG will pop up and tell me that firefox has been exploited but won't do anything about it, and if I run a scan it won't find it.

I've been trying to find whatever this is in my pc, but with no success. Does anyone know what this is, so I can find it and kill it, preferably before I kill my pc? It's driving me crazy.

birdface 13:49 01 Jun 10

Download update and run the free version of malwarebytes.

click here

birdface 13:52 01 Jun 10

Does it work Ok with I/Explorer.
If so remove Firefox using the Firefox removal tool and then reinstall it and see if it works any better.
But I would run Malwarebytes first.

john bunyan 17:36 01 Jun 10

As well as Malawarebytes (also run it in Safe mode) I reccomend Superantispyware (Free) - now works in W7 64 bit.

john bunyan 17:39 01 Jun 10

SAS Link from rdave13:
click here

scruffyduck 15:49 03 Jun 10

Thank you! I used Malawarebytes and it seems to have fixed the problem. Malware! The one type of ware I did not think of.

Thanks so so much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…