Virus's - Please help!!

denali 10:29 08 Jun 04

I am running Win98se and have done so since its inception with only the odd minor glitch. I have AVG, Spybot, Adaware and Mcafee firewall. Last evening I spent two and a half hours on site two hours on this forum, half an hour on the BBC site and downloading demo version of Acronis.
This morning I did my usual cleanup before going on-line. Here is my problem. Adaware found 97 objects (the most I have had at one time is two).
AVG found 91 files and folders and my tempory internet folder had 317 entries. I perform a cleanup every morning without fail and have a Temporary file cleaner which I used at 5pm yesterday. Do I have a serious problem, or is it possible I was just "Singled Out" ?. Please help me.

Many Thanks.

johnnyrocker 10:34 08 Jun 04

what exactly did avg find? temp i/net no prob as with adaware just delete.

denali 10:40 08 Jun 04

johnnyrocker. Sorry. I knew someone would ask this question, Unfortunately AVG just deleted the 91 files and folders without any details

johnnyrocker 10:41 08 Jun 04

fair enough, i would think you were just unlucky then.

€dstowe 10:54 08 Jun 04

You might wish to install Spywareblaster to stop spyware and similar things being allowed to install.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…