Virus's name

curlylad 22:37 23 May 03

I recently had a guy I know,come and update virus/firewall on my machine.
He told me that he/the machine located , and "sorted out", a virus on a disc I had,but he , or nobody else has explained to me what a virus is exactly, or what it does.
This nasty little sucker was TROJ_PPHUCKER.C
What in the name of jumping jelly fish does that mean and what would it have done to my computer had it gone undetected?

terminus 23:10 23 May 03

around this site click here

hugh-265156 23:32 23 May 03

had a check for you and got three links from google on this but unfortunatly were in a language that it and i could not translate.i would`nt worry too much whatever it was its gone now and thats the main thing.

DieSse 23:41 23 May 03

"... or nobody else has explained to me what a virus is exactly, or what it does."

A vurus is a rogue program which intentionally damges your programs and/or data. It's an electronic form of vandalism, or worse, terrorism.

Ther are tens of thousands of different viruses, of different ypes, which do different types and degrees of damage to your system.

Your one in particular click here

DieSse 23:42 23 May 03

"A vurus is a rogue program ...."

.... and so is a virus ....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…