Viruses in my e-mail!!!

????????? 19:17 13 May 06

Hi Guys,

My partner keeps receiving virus e-mails in her inbox. Everytime Outlook Express is loaded, Norton Anti Virus loads and explains that a virus is present. At this point i quaranteen the virus and then delete it from Norton. It doesnt matter how many times i add the sender to the Norton Antispam list, the same type of e-mail is always received. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help?????????

Regards

Brad

VoG II 19:21 13 May 06

Try using Mailwasher click here

Delete, don't bounce.

961 20:10 13 May 06

Name of the virus?

Anti spam list won't cure

You may care to indicate where this virus e-mail is coming from and what it says, but please don't post a link

It's often necessary to turn off system restore on the computer to prevent the virus hiding in there and resurrecting itself after it has been deleted

It might be worthwhile doing an on line scan to check for the virus. McAfee, Sophos, Trend and many others offer this free

Let's know what turns up

Bagsey 12:30 14 May 06

The virus is probably lurking in your system restore files. Turn of system restore (while off line of course) run your av. then turn on system restore again. That should clear it.

terryf 13:32 14 May 06

Panda also offer an online virus scan but note that it only works with IE and may give false reports of tracker software (to make you buy panda?) Save the report and do a manual repair.

terryf 13:36 14 May 06

PS download vcleaner from click here , rename it, copy to a floppy and run it in safe mode

????????? 22:06 18 May 06

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help. I have downloaded Mailwasher and have used this frequently to try and bounce the virus e-mails. This seems to be working to a degree but I continue to get suspect mail.

I have run Norton again and again with the system restore on and off. I have also used the online virus scanners so i'm pretty sure there isnt a virus present. I just cant seem to prevent these e-mails being sent.

Any ideas?

Forum Editor 22:21 18 May 06

please do not bounce unwanted mail - it doesn't achieve anything, and it adds to the huge quantities of rubbish that surges around the internet, slowing it for all of us.

Just delete the mail.

DieSse 02:06 19 May 06

*I just cant seem to prevent these e-mails being sent.*

That's correct - you can't actually stop emails being sent to you - all you can do is filter them out or delete them.

bellababy 03:30 19 May 06

If the e-mails are coming from one address you can block it in Outlook Express by going to messages and selecting block sender making sure you highlight the offending mail first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…