Viruses found by AVG

Rhuddlan 15:24 07 Jun 05

Hi there, I have windows zp home SP2 with AVG 7.0. When scanning last nite, AVG found that 6 files where infected with different viruse and one trojan. Java/ByteVerify is the name of the virus apprantley from the five files that are infected. I can't seem to find the name of the trojan, but I also scanned with Symantec's online scanner also last nite and that told me about thye 5 infected files and one trojan. My internet connection has seemed much slower recentley and download's aren't as fast too.

Can anyone help? I have scanned my comp with Ad Aware, spybot and microsoft's antispyware, all are updated and find no nasties. AVG and ZA are also up to date and I also have spywareblaster, again up to date!

colberly 15:53 07 Jun 05

From click here and scan, but make sure you download the free version over in the left column. I have found it invaluable.
Or if you don't wish to do that a scan with
click here this has worked in the past for me where AVG hasn't removed them.

Completealias 15:56 07 Jun 05

Also clean out all your temporary files and disable system restore and scan again with all your apps

Rhuddlan 22:40 07 Jun 05

Will try the two programs as suggested, thanks for the help guys, will let u know of any devolpments.

VoG II 22:43 07 Jun 05

Ahem click here

canard 23:22 07 Jun 05

AVG found it on my PC. Quarantining it in virus vault seemed to do the trick. Online checking suggested it was a vulnerability rather than a virus. Have now installed the latest version of Sun Java and expected byte verify to appear but it didn't. Either Sun have fixed the vulnerability or it really was a virus. Suggest you uninstall current Java, download and install new version.

Rhuddlan 00:11 08 Jun 05

Have cleared files and disabled system restore as suggested and still AVG finds infected and files and one trojan. Will quarantine them as suggested, thanks for the help everyone!

Rhuddlan 00:17 08 Jun 05

I have uninstalled Java and searched for a newer version on the net and J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 update 2 has downloaded and installed, is this the latest version?

Rhuddlan 00:32 08 Jun 05

?

hugh-265156 00:48 08 Jun 05

yes it is

ashdav 00:48 08 Jun 05

Yes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…