virus/es

suzie005 16:18 12 May 06

AVG did it's stuff and found 10 infected files.i managed 2 send a cuple 2 virus vault but no idea wot 2 do with the others.no idea how they got there either.they're in application data/sun java/deployment ( wotever that is)virus identified java/byte verify,virus found small and trojan startpage.ADE.2 of them say infected archive and the others infected,embedded object.where the hell do i start?

ACOLYTE 16:22 12 May 06

Open control panel,click other control panel options,then the java icon in the genearal tab click setting then delete files,this should clear it up.

ade.h 16:26 12 May 06

When certain AVs detect an infected .jar file with that particular path, it is, in a sense, a false positive and results from the compressed nature of .jar files. AVG is one of those that can throw this up. click here

suzie005 16:31 12 May 06

ACOLYTE

possibly summat simple but can't find the 'ther control panel options'.i'm using ME.wud it b called summat else?

ade.h

it's the first time ever i've cum across this 1.i've had the false virus where AVG checks the partition table and brings up a message-which i learnt 2 ignor.

ACOLYTE 16:33 12 May 06

There should be a Java icon in control panel i cant say what that would be called in ME as i have never used it i was assuming you were using XP,sorry,but clearing the java cache should clear the problem.

suzie005 16:41 12 May 06

it was just an icon with java nxt 2 it.me was looking down the list under o!!! deleted all the temp internet files in that general section.
btw.when i open java ZA asks me if i want 2 allow platform standard edition binary access.do i say yes?

ACOLYTE 16:46 12 May 06

I would say yes,i think but am not sure it is the update part of sun java looking for updates it is called jusched.exe on my machine,but i am by no means certain if it is the same thing,i dont use ME and i dont use ZA,maybe s1 who does could answer better).You may also need to allow it to be able to accsess web pages that have java content.

suzie005 18:02 12 May 06

thanxs 4 the help.i got the all clear.

Jonah(without the whale) 00:06 23 Nov 06

Help please
I have a file caled S1/ in a temporary internet folder. The desciption of it calls it a cookie and there follows an ofensive set of characters that look like an address, Having said that, my problem is that it will be be deleted either by McAfee or manually. Has anyone an ida as to how I can get rid of it?
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…