Viruses

Yorkie 1 12:04 25 Aug 05

My AVGFree programme tells me that I have the following viruses on my computer
ApplicationData\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-51cbbe8d26882ebd.zip\Getaccess.class
ApplicationData\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-51cbbe8d26882ebd.zip\InsecureClassloader.cl…
ApplicationData\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-51cbbe8d26882ebd.zip\Installer.class
ApplicationData\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\classload.jar-51cbbe8d26882ebd.zip
ApplicationData\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderv659.jar-56bd5cbf-1ca9a2c8.zip\Counter.class
ApplicationData\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderv659.jar-56bd5cbf-1ca9a2c8.zip\Parse.class
ApplicationData\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\loaderv659.jar-56bd5cbf-1ca9a2c8.zip
Does anyone know how serious they are and how I can get rid of them please

johnnyrocker 12:09 25 Aug 05

avg usually offers delete/move to virus vault, dont understand why it is not, suggest a full sweep also with the usual antispyware tools.

johnny.

VoG II 12:11 25 Aug 05
  Yorkie 1 12:21 25 Aug 05

amazingly fast reponse, thanks, but AVG doesnt seem to want to tackle these viruses and the Java site instructions refer to a cache tab that doesn't sem to be there on my computer I am using XP by the way

gudgulf 12:39 25 Aug 05

Try running Ccleaner click here

It has Sun java listed in its "applications" tab(make sure that it is ticked) and might clear the cache where AVG is picking up the infections.

Yorkie 1 13:58 25 Aug 05

Tried that, even bought the full programme hoping it would prove useful, but still have the same result with AVG

gudgulf 19:55 25 Aug 05

Bought what full program?

Ccleaner is completely free and is the full program.

Bear in mind what it says in the link from VoG™.....The items found in the Sun Java cache are not active on your system.Even though AVG picks them up they are no threat to you.

To find the files and delete them manually you can either browse to them by using Explorer...Rt click the Start button and select Explore.Now you need to click the folder just under your log in name marked Application data.Next click on the Sun folder,then Java,then Deployment.You should now see the Cache folder......mine has two sub folders in there....tmp, and javapi which is the one you want.Open that and click v1.0 then open the jar folder.The files you want to delete should be in there.

Alternatively open Search from the start menu and look for "ApplicationData\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar"

without the quotes.

Yorkie 1 09:54 26 Aug 05

I was stupid enough to get two programmes mixed up as they appeared on the same site and bought the PConpoint program. I later downloaded the correct CCleaner which never did the trick, but used explorer to navigate to the offending files and deleted them.

Thak you very much all of you for the help, especially you gudulf for your parience

Yorkie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…