Viruses

scouser 15:39 19 Jul 04

My Panda virus software found three viruses on my computer. Trj/Downloader .L which it disinfected, the Eicar .Mod, which it renamed, but I am left with one called: Univ .AP, that it only reported, so apprently it cannot do anything with.
Has anyone else had or have this virus and is there anyway of getting rid of it, and what does it do?
The path shown for the AP virus is: C\Windows\Temp\polmx2.cab[polmx2.exe]
I am using Windows ME.

Many thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:54 19 Jul 04
  Gaz 25 16:16 19 Jul 04

eicar .mod is nothing to worry about. Its a test file.

As for the other two, panda should have removed them.

Run a further scan to see if this time it can remove it.

Also the virus is linux based.

Why not just delete the file your self.

C\Windows\Temp\polmx2.cab

scouser 16:55 19 Jul 04

Thanks for the help Gaz 25.
I have run Panda a few times with exactly the same result, it only reports the Univ .AP virus.
I have used search to try and find the file but get this message: "C\Windows\Temp\ is not a valid folder." How else can I trace it? I have typed the whole thing in polmx2.cab - etc.
Many thanks.

scouser 16:56 19 Jul 04

Thanks for the help Gaz 25.
I have run Panda a few times with exactly the same result, it only reports the Univ .AP virus.
I have used search to try and find the file but get this message: "C\Windows\Temp\ is not a valid folder." How else can I trace it? I have typed the whole thing in polmx2.cab - etc.
Many thanks.

Gaz 25 19:57 22 Jul 04

No...

C\Windows\Temp

Its...

Run > in box type: 'C:\Windows\Temp'

<excluding the '>

then find

polmx2.cab

in that folder then delete.

If you cant find it - then try using windows find function for:

polmx2

Regards,
Gareth

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…