Viruses

boy_from_the_blackstuff 10:29 25 May 04

I have McAfee Internet Security Suite 2004 ver 6.0 installed on my PC running Windows XP home. It is set to download upgrades automatically but to prompt me before installation. I also use McAfee Singer AVERT as a backup ant-virus package.
I am currently experiencing an explosion of virus warnings, receiving several multiple warnings per day seemingly every time I connect to the web (via Tiscali Broadband). In addition, the regular virus scans are also picking up "infected" files.
The question is, where is all this virus activity coming from and how is it all getting on to my PC? I am deleting any suspicious e-mails prior to opening but some of these virus warnings precede e-mail program opening. Is everybody just having similar problems just now?

spuds 10:43 25 May 04

Virus intrusion is very active at the moment, and all suppliers of anti-virus programmes are constantly checking and updating their products. Running two or more anti-virus aids can cause confliction problems, and it is best to stick to one proven product.

I personally run AVG,ZoneAlarm,AdAware,SpyBot and SpywareBlaster.All these run together very nicely with no sudden alarm bell ringing. And the best thing, is that they are all Free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…