Virus in Word document

tinystu 11:37 11 Aug 05

Just sent a MS Word doc to someone as an email attachment, simple text only and also sent it to myself but when it comes back to me by Hotmail it said it contains a virus,but if I scan the original doc with AVG Pro which is upto date no viruses are found.Does this mean AVG Pro is not doing its job.

Yoda Knight 11:45 11 Aug 05

Doubt it - I would suspect Hotmails' AV scanners. Try getting a few other people to scan it for you just to ensure your AVG is not compromised. Alternatively you could try some of the on-line scanners click here or click here

babybell 12:16 11 Aug 05

I know a few people, including myself, who have received words docs through hotmail and it has said it contains a virus. Whats more annoying is that hotmail wont even let you download it even if you wanted to. Best thing to do is the either try and get it sent again or get them to save it in notepad or into a fresh word document. It will work eventually. Its no wonder hotmail is rated poorly on free email account providers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…