Virus that won't go away

oo7juk 22:04 07 Oct 04

Help.

Worm/Krepper.c

Can't get rid od the above virus. Have AVG and any other time it does the job ok. When I go into the virus vault within AVg it says that it has moved it to the vault., but it keeps coming back.

I downloaded a file, from the wrong site and by the time I realised it was too late and the virus box appeared. Have down a few full test and also done a full test with Trojan hunter.

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks.

stalion 22:12 07 Oct 04

run this click here

oo7juk 23:14 07 Oct 04

Thanks, couldn't find anything though.

stalion 23:42 07 Oct 04

this is what you have and this should get rid of it. click here

click here

Djohn 01:41 08 Oct 04

Don't forget to turn off system retsore if you have it. The virus will hide in there and keep returning after cleaning. Once cleaned from the link off stalion turn system restore back on again.

OwenLotts 08:47 08 Oct 04

"The virus will hide in there and keep returning after cleaning."

Is that true - that it will just pop out of SR and back on the hard drive. I thought the virus copy in SR was locked in there until you did a Restore. I know some AV can detect it there and then have problems removing it but does it really pop back from SR on its own?

woodt 10:32 08 Oct 04

Thae fact that it keeps coming back would seem to answer your question. Turn off Sys Rest. Reboot. Run AVG, Spybot, and Ad-Aware. Restart Sys Rest and reboot.

Zaphod Beeblebrox 10:35 08 Oct 04

i dont think Djohn meant it quite like that
what was meant is that locked in sys restore it is still on the system therefore antivirus will still detect as an infection

oo7juk 20:39 09 Oct 04

Stalion,

I amrunning e scan anit virus at the moment. It;s been running for 45mins and so far has found 45 Virus's. Prior to installing e scam I ran AVG and nothing wss found. I'm reading the system log at the moment and it indicates that eacj=h entry is not a virus. Any ideas.

stalion 20:42 09 Oct 04

it is an excellent program,if it states anything is not a virus that is ok,it will also remove any virus automatically or re-name.
If you need any more clarification or help post back.Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…