Virus Win:mytob-MT How do i get rid

Nessie 10:52 24 Oct 05

Keep doing an upto date spyware and virus checks and this virus keeps coming up and even though I delete it, it is still there. Any ideas how to get rid. Before checking for virus my hard drive kept being accessed all the time and someting was on the internet all the time whether I was on it or not. Have router with firewall, XP Pro,Avast anti virus and adaware spy ware. Have broadband and IE6. Any help would be great.

johnnyrocker 10:54 24 Oct 05

have you run a scan with restore disabled?

Nessie 10:59 24 Oct 05

no but did it in safe mode

Nessie 11:02 24 Oct 05

This is where the virus restarts its self so can I delete the whole file or some of what is in it.

johnnyrocker 11:02 24 Oct 05

not sure if that removes restore and i am pretty sure it does not as entering safe mode still gives an option to restore.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:49 24 Oct 05

You need to switch off system restore. this will delete all restore points to date.

run the AV scan and delete the virus

reboot the PC and switch restore back on and create a restore point.

Nessie 15:22 24 Oct 05

Thanks a lot for all your help. i have done as above and all seems well. Nice to know there is a bit of help out there. My internet is not constantly being used now. thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…