virus win32.nachi(wrm)

Nessie 08:43 09 Oct 03

Think I have got rid of above virus but it was detected by virus software. What is it?

I do not know whether it is linked but some of the icons on the ie tool bar are blocked out. I can still use them but the icon is just a solid colour rather than the normal image. It can be any icon. I have ie 6

Jester2K II 08:46 09 Oct 03

Nachi click here

Did you get the MS Patch??

Icon - sounds like corrupt icon cache. Try rebooting or TweakUI to repair the cache -

Windows XP click here

Other Windows veriosns- click here

alan 2273 08:59 09 Oct 03

this is a worm that was brought about by some well meaning person to put right the damage done by the MS Blaster worm, however it can cause conflicts so type nachi into your search engine and you will find a removal tool.

Nessie 23:02 09 Oct 03

I have updated my system using windows on my xp system so I should be ok now. Cheers

Jack D 23:09 09 Oct 03

How odd, I have been plagued with disappearing icons in my task bar for probably two weeks. Ran a virus scan tonight (Avast) it found two files infected with Win32-t. deleted them and the disappearing icons don't any more!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…