Virus what shall I do

sniffey 02:22 10 Mar 03

I have just discovered that I have been infected by a W32/Retroy virus I don`t know how this happened as I had just updated my VirusScan McAfee and also I got no warning that a virus had been detected. When I went on to the symantec site I don`t see a removal tool for that named virus also when I went to get my e-mails some could not be received due to an error in microsoft word. The file that was infected is A0059851.CPY. Any help out there. Thanks in advance sniffey.

AndySD 07:40 10 Mar 03

click here it should have been dealt with by your virus checker.

In Word go to Help at the top of the page.... there should be the option to Detect and Repair.

Bagsey 07:50 10 Mar 03

You may find that is useful to run this
click here to clear your system.

colberly 09:14 10 Mar 03

Or try here click here
as well as scan it will also clean your sysrem.

MAJ 09:34 10 Mar 03

Also, if you're using XP or ME, disable System Restore, before cleaning. This will wipe out any restore points you have, so when you rescan with your antivirus and find you're clean, reactivate System Restore and create a new, clean restore point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…