VIRUS WARNING, genuine or not??

Andsome 15:20 22 Jan 03
  Andsome 15:20 22 Jan 03

I have just a few minutes ago recieved the following, does anyone have any opinions on it please??

Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 9:59 AM
Subject: Fwd Virus Alert

VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!
During the next several weeks be VERY cautious about opening or launching any e-mails that refer to the World TradeCenter or 9/11 in any way, regardless of who sent it. PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. For those that don't know, 'WTC' stands for the World Trade Center. This is very dangerous because people will open it right away,thinking it's a story relating to 9-11. Do not open "WTC Survivor"...It is a virus that will erase your whole C" drive. It will come to you in the form of an E-Mail from a familiar person. I repeat, a friend sent it to me, but called and warned me before I opened it. He was not so lucky and now he can't even start his computer! Forward this to everyone in your address book. I would rather receive this 25 times than not at all. If you receive an email called "WTC Survivor" do not open it. Delete it right away! This virus removes all dynamic link libraries (.dll files) from your computer. PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE

VoG™ 15:25 22 Jan 03

HOAX! click here

€dstow 15:26 22 Jan 03

I never open emails unless I am certain of their provenance but, do you know who sent it to you? Does it refer anywhere to the name of the virus?

€d

Andsome 15:28 22 Jan 03

VERY MANY THANKS

Andsome 15:29 22 Jan 03

It was sent by a friend, but see the posting by VoG™

Tog 15:31 22 Jan 03

Anything that contains the words "VERY IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!" is usually the product of someones lower digestive tract.

Also a good reference (with humour) is click here

tileman 17:26 22 Jan 03

i am currantly on freeserve anytime but am thinking about broadband because the kids are on there pc at tea time im on mine later no one can get through on phone:::::we do not have cable around this area so which one do i go for freeserve,BT or is there another one, is there any diffrants between freeserve & BT broadband

tileman 17:26 22 Jan 03

i am currantly on freeserve anytime but am thinking about broadband because the kids are on there pc at tea time im on mine later no one can get through on phone:::::we do not have cable around this area so which one do i go for freeserve,BT or is there another one, is there any diffrants between freeserve & BT broadband

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…