virus warning

jellymax 16:07 27 Jun 03

I have received a warning from an (unknown) email correspondent who says his system has sent me a virus called "jdbgmgr.exe", which has a grey teddy-bear icon, and will damage my hard disk &c.
I have received similar ".exe" virus warning before, all of which have turned out to be hoaxes.
Is this a hoax, and will removing this ".exe" actually stop my system working properly?
Can anyone help??
Thanks
"Jellymax"

The Spires 16:17 27 Jun 03

The Teddy Bear was put there by Bill Gates, it a hoax as are 99% of virus warnings etc.

Confab 16:17 27 Jun 03

Yes it's a well known hoax. Just delete the mail and ignore it. If your AV is up to date then you've no need to worry.

Terrahawk 16:19 27 Jun 03

are they still persecuting the teddy bear this one has been flying around for about 3 years now it is a hoax just delete the email

The Spires 16:19 27 Jun 03

click here A little more info on the subject. click here

mikef. 17:41 27 Jun 03

Hello teddy haven't seen you for a few weeks, I thought they were finally leaving you alone, but it seems as if I was wrong :-(

If you have removed it click here;en-us;322993

mikef. 17:42 27 Jun 03

Sorry try this click here and wait for redirect

mikef. 17:43 27 Jun 03

Seems as link will not work directly go to Technical database and type jdbgmgr.exe in search.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple