Virus Warning!

Bapou 20:05 01 Mar 03

I have received an e-mail warning of a virus, "Life is beautiful.pps", comes as a Power Point presentation. It was expected to commence being sent today, pm. Apparently it's from a hacker, self styled 'Life Owner', if opened the message is "It's too late now", and you lose everything on your computer. E-mail also mentioned, no virus checker can detect it.

Anyone else heard of this one?

graham 20:27 01 Mar 03
  Gongoozler 20:28 01 Mar 03

Hi Bapou, this is another hoax click here

leo49 20:29 01 Mar 03

click here

This one's deadly.....

REgards

Bapou 22:46 01 Mar 03

Well now, what can I say, maybe I should just head off to bed and wait until tomorrow to kill the character who sent me the e-mail!

Leo49 - I rather liked that story.

tbb 23:48 01 Mar 03

It seems like no week goes by without somone at work coming to me because she/he has just had an e-mail saying that a terrible virus is going to arrive, wipe all our files, eat the server, and bring about the fall of civilisation........
The trouble is that some of these warnings actually carry a virus with them and/or malware. And some messages tell the poor victim to do something that really will cause harm, e.g. wipe an important system file or to download and open some real pest programme, with a real Trojan sitting on it.

Gaz 25 00:47 02 Mar 03

ITS A HOAX.

Anti-virus will detect any virus, long as it is up-to-date.

Gaz 25 00:49 02 Mar 03

click here for Norton Alerts

or

click here for Flamewall Alerts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…