Virus , waaaaah

woofwoofbark 15:01 26 Apr 04

Hi there , Ive found a virus on my computer , im using both AVG and Nortons 2003 antivirus programs ,
I have an AVG Resident Shield on my screen saying I have a Virus :- Trojan Horse Downloader.Agent.T found in file C:\System Volume Control\_restore{28A927B7-C580-4B9D-88C1-6918EAD12A49}\RP206\A0141973.DLL

i ran AVG but it didnt detect it through the scan plus the same happened with Nortons 2003 , i tried going into my computer and going into the C: drive but the file C:\System Volume Comtrol is denied .....

Does anyone have any information on how I can erase this virus

help please

cheers

moore_mat 15:03 26 Apr 04

You need to turn off system restore for a little bit:-
click here

Then do a virus scan - it should be removable then!

REMEMBER TO TURN SYSTEM RESTORE BACK ON AFTERWARDS!!!!!!!

Hope this is of some use

Regards

M@

maz2 15:03 26 Apr 04

Trojans run differently to a virus, download Ad-Aware update and run, also download Spywareblaster update and enable all protection to stop it happening again

imjasonurnot 18:15 26 Apr 04

some times its hard to remove a virus in safe mode

click here

before u do that go to click here

and download the nod32 and mcafee stinger
and then start in safe mode
then run both programs

both great for removing virus
then when this is done, get back on the net and run the panda or trend scan also at the above site
to make sure its gone for good

then when all clean enable system restore and update AVG and norton and all should be good

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…