Virus and virus vault AVG query!!!

baz\ 19:27 08 May 04

Today i got a Virus called JS/Psyme. I did a scan and it put it in the vault, what can i do knnow, is it safe, i pressed heal put it says operation failed. Its in the temporary internet files, what shall i do? Any help will be appreciated.

Graham ® 19:29 08 May 04

Operating system, please?

baz\ 19:31 08 May 04

Sorry XP Home

Graham ® 19:34 08 May 04

Delete the temporary internet files and you should be OK.

baz\ 19:36 08 May 04

Thanks, what i have dione is got to tools, options, delete temporary internet files, is that right?

Graham ® 19:47 08 May 04

Yes, that's right.

johnnyrocker 20:20 08 May 04

wrong it will be in your system restore files.

johnny.

TommyRed 20:27 08 May 04

I believe you have to turn off your system restore to remove fully. This will involve losing your restore points, do you have an imaging program. Ghost, DriveImage or True Image you could use in case of foul ups? HTH TR

baz\ 09:06 09 May 04

No, but when i scan again it says the virus has gone. What can i go now?

Graham ® 11:17 09 May 04

I believe you will be OK. The virus will only be in the system restore files if a restore point was created whilst the virus was present.

baz\ 13:54 09 May 04

Thanks, i removed system restore and scanned and there was no virus found. If there are any problems i will get back to you.
Again Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…