Virus update alert 'chomping at bit'

Sethhaniel 13:43 08 Nov 04

Has AVG7 shortened its update life as it is only seven days since last updated and XP is coming up already with its alert - luckly I'd just downloaded yesterdays update this morning - AVG6 use to warn after 14 days :)

JaßîsFaß ˜ 19:02 08 Nov 04

In Security Centre click "Change the way Security Centre alerts me" for check-box options to disable the warnings if you want to self monitor. Sorry I can't see anywhere where you can specify the number of days, but you can then rely on update warnings from your AV software.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 19:05 08 Nov 04

Sorry - misread your first posting. Do you have an update manager in the AV. AVG 6 free has this and you can specify the number of days there.

Sethhaniel 14:47 09 Nov 04

but this was a XP warning not AVG ;)

JaßîsFaß ˜ 20:03 08 Dec 04

Did you find your update settings?

Sethhaniel 10:20 09 Dec 04

think it was just a combination of AVG7 being new on system and the update being released on a weekend when I don't have full access to web - so it hasn't had cause to trouble me again - as I download the updates now within a day of relese at most - probably find out over christmas holidays if problem still present as I will be away from computer for 12 days :)
So will green tick it as solved for now ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…