virus: TrojanDownloader.w32.small.ab

ratty51 07:00 18 Sep 03

I have got a virus I canot get rid of. TrojanDownloader.w32.small.ab. Can anyone tell me how I can get rid of it. My internet conection slows down in a minute or two and then seems to hang up. Has this anything to do with the virus?

holly polly 07:39 18 Sep 03

click here
u could always try running this ,also i take it u have some sort of anti virus ,for it to have detected the virus in the first place ?the most likely cause why u still have it is it may be lurking in temp files ,if this is the case turn off system restore run the anti virus again reboot turn system restore back on ,if you do not know how to turn off system restore there is a link on the stinger site which tells u how to do this -u could also try spybot search and destroy which also has trojan removal facilities ,just do a search on google ,in fact i'm sure there is a download available on the pca site. goto downloads and check -post back -hol pol...

AndySD 07:45 18 Sep 03

Can you tell us which antivirus you use? and what message it gives Tools then Internet Options

My first thought is to empty your Temp internet files. At the top of this page choose Tools then Internet Options then in Temp Internet files choose Delete Files.

click here The Cleaner is one of the best programs to remove Trojans and its free for 30 days.

AndySD 07:46 18 Sep 03

D'oh I am slow today.

ratty51 07:12 24 Sep 03

Can anyone help? I have had a TrojanDownloader.w32.small.ab virus which I have cleared up now on my laptop, (with thanks to AndySD help room)But canot access the internet. The page starts to dowload but times out.I have scanned my A Virus and found 26 I/O errors and 2 corrupted files which does't mean a lot to me. I am sending this via desktop witch is using the same ISP!

ratty51 18:28 03 Feb 04

I am curently running a desktop p.c. with windows xp. The computer has a 500mhz processor 12 gb hard drive and 128 memoery. The computer has slowed right down. I would like to wipe everything off it and go back to windows 98. Can anybody tell me how to do this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…