VIRUS... trojan horse downloader.small

soultaker 15:35 11 Feb 03

avg found this on my pc what does it do which section does it affect as avg doesnt give that sort of info on it, any info would be helpful

soultaker 16:00 11 Feb 03

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAJ 16:06 11 Feb 03

If we're not fast enough for you, soultaker, you could always take the more difficult route of entering "downloader.small" into a search engine. Try Google for a start.

jazzypop 16:57 11 Feb 03

http ://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=downloader.small&sa=N&tab=wg&meta=

(remove the spaces, paste into your address bar).

click here

Sarcasm is not the best way to encourage people to assist you.

suburban train 17:05 11 Feb 03

i used to have this exact virus what you need to do is turn of the computer restore point just go in windows help to show you, then run the virus checker again, the virus is located in the system files or somewhere important like that anyway

soultaker 05:29 12 Feb 03

well i have usd AVG to remove it, but its in the virus vault now, what is the risk of it escaping there and returning to my pc, can i safely run the scandisk and defragment tools if not how do i get the damn thing ff there permanently.

ps sorry for being so short i was just expecting a little more of a response from something that everybody hates so much, my bad

MAJ 07:06 12 Feb 03

If it's in the virus vault, then you can delete it from there and that'll be the end of it. If you're using XP or ME, turn off System Restore and run AVG again to make sure all is clear. If AVG gives you the all clear, re-activate System Restore and create a new restore point.

Tombojo 21:48 12 Feb 03

a trojn hoarse is nothing to be worried about, its just a little prtogram that accesses programs that can access the internet and tries to make them connect to the owner of the trojan hoarse, the problem is when it manages to tell the owner that you get into trouble because they then get your ip address and can then connect directly to your computer without you knowing, luckily you an download various firewalls (I've got Zone Alarm) for free and they will keep you safe, you can get Zone Alarm from click here and it won't expire after a certain time period (i think, mine is a registered one)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…