Virus Trojan horse dialer

adhari 10:50 08 Dec 04

Keep pn getting the following message on my screen: Virus Trojan horse Dialer.14BE is found in file C:\System Volume Information\_restore{E4309F2D-6EA2-4D96-CEC9BE642BBF}\RP582\A0321796.dll and am advised to run AVG. I have done this several times, but the message keeps appearing. I am on BB and wonder whether the dialer can do any harm to my phonebill.

ACOLYTE 11:02 08 Dec 04

Turn off system restore,right click my computer,select properties,restore tick the box
then re run scan,if it doesnt shift it you may need to start in safe mode ,by pressing F5 or F8
at boot,when donr re enable system restore.It is very doubtfull that the dialer will use BB,byt if you have a dial up modem attached it may use that,best to clean it.

adhari 12:24 08 Dec 04

Thanks Acolyte. Followed your instructions and so far so good...also relieved that the virus can't do too much without a modem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…