Virus Trojan

podlod 21:14 11 May 10

Hi, my son has managed to obtain a Trojan Virus and is unable to try and rid himself of the thing, but his mouse is unable to move as it has also affected that as well.He has tried F8 ( safe mode ) but still unable to use mouse, is there anything he can do to rid himself of the virus without the mouse? Thanks for any help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:05 11 May 10

name of trojan virus?

operating system?

podlod 07:15 12 May 10

Hi, cant get the name of the virus as the mouse does not work, and I do not know of another way to use the pc without mouse?

birdface 07:57 12 May 10

Click the Windows Logo on the keyboard and using the up down arrows on the laptop navigate to help and support and see if he can try a system restore from there.
Or see if he can open any of his security programs and run them using the keyboard up down arrows.

podlod 08:16 12 May 10

Hi buteman, I forgot to mention it is not a laptop, and he has just told me that when he tries to go into safe mode, all he gets is numbers and figures but nothing saying safe mode, any ideas. I will still tell him what you advised.

birdface 08:29 12 May 10

Maybe try tapping f5 as the computer starts.
He should get the option of Last good configuration and safe mode so not sure what the numbers are.
If you can tell Fruit Bat /\0/\ the operating system he will be able to give you better information.W/7 X/P Vista.Home. Pro. Whatever.

podlod 08:44 12 May 10

Hi again, thanks for coming back so prompt, I will find out and let you know, thanks again for ongoing help.

birdface 09:03 12 May 10

Some more keyboard choices.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017